Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up



On Friday, we had the MANIFEST: Storms of Summer Poetry Slam and it truly was a special evening. An eclectic range of poets came out to compete, and each one of them did a great job.



As fate would have it, we ended up having a tie in the second round, so we went into extra innings. After the final round, I crowned the winner for the night. Her name is Victoria, this was her FIRST slam, she performed barefoot, and you WILL be seeing and hearing more from her in the future (This, I guarantee).



The night began with an open-mic. It was a lot of fun to see what those who signed up chose to perform. I decided to pull out my poem Mr. Hayward, which is about former BP head Tony Hayward and some of the comments he made last year. Hopefully, I’ll have something dope to throw on here from Friday. Stay tuned and we shall see. Mua ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment