Friday, July 29, 2011

What's New!


It’s been an interesting week. On Sunday, I had lunch with a friend of mine who’s recording an album. I think we both came away from the exchange with a sense of understanding, curiosity, and excitement as to what the next phases of our lives hold.

Immediately after our conversation, things started to happen for the both of us. I (to use the cliché) have been doing a lot of soul searching. Monday night, I went off on someone who was trying his BEST to bring his problems to my doorstep, and ever since then, I’ve felt alive. I feel hungry to really live and experience what’s waiting for me. Honestly, I kind of feel like I did some years ago.

Aside from working on the personal, I had a photo shoot with the lovely and talented Susie Lovins on Wednesday. We’re scheduled to link back up for round 2 tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to that a great deal.

Also, earlier this week I met with someone from Create Here, and we will be partnering up for a MANIFEST Presents collaboration in the next few months. Stay tuned for more details! I’m keeping the lid on what’s going down a bit longer.

I started a new poem earlier in the week as well. When it’s ready to go, I think people will be able to enjoy and relate to it. Time will tell, brothers and sisters.

Lastly, my dear friends Marcus and Brandi of The Divine Write performed at The Hunter Art Museum yesterday evening. I can’t imagine it being anything less than stellar, so the next time you see them (separately or together) in town, please congratulate them. They’re doing the city of Chattanooga proud (yup, I said it).

Well folks, be good until I catch you again. Once again, the next MANIFEST is on August 19th. Unfortunately, the date changed after the fliers went out, but it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment