Sunday, July 3, 2011

Strange Bedfellows 4 Wrap-Up



I’m very VERY proud to say that last night’s Strange Bedfellows was big fun. The energy was phenomenal, both the talent and the quality were fantastic, and, most importantly, everyone had a great time.

One of the things that’s most exciting for me is having the opportunity to see the mixture of the crowd. I’m honored to have Black, white, straight, LGBT, etc. people in my audiences and I love seeing everyone on the same page and having a good time TOGETHER.



My only complaint is that we had a few people who came in, stayed through most of the acts, and then balked at paying the $5 cover. Artistically, it’s disheartening when you can give so much of yourself, entertain a room full of people, and not have some of them value what you do enough to put money in your pocket. I know that Chattanooga isn’t the only place where this happens, but Chattanooga is pretty bad about it.



In case you weren’t there, here are some videos from my set last night. I had a grand time playing as Night & the City with Travis Kilgore again, and I really enjoyed myself while I was performing my poems. Good times, good times.



Lastly, MANIFEST: The Storms of Summer Poetry Slam is this Friday. I hope that you can come on out. I’ll be giving away free hugs there, too.









No comments:

Post a Comment