Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh, July


I sincerely hope that everyone out there had a pleasant & safe (NO MISSING LIMBS DUE TO FIREWORKS!!!) 4th of July. Honestly, I’m very thankful for the people that poetry & art have brought into my life. I enjoyed spending a good bit of the night around them.

It’s interesting for me to think back to last year’s 4th. I actually had a double ear infection & one of my ears completely closed while I was performing on the backstage at JJ’s Bohemia. It was VERY surreal. The experience was pretty painful, but hey, it did provide me with a story to tell, so I can only complain so much.

Lastly, I just wanted to remind everyone that I’ll be on 95.3 with David Karnes this Thursday with Marcus Ellsworth. We’re promoting the MANIFEST poetry slam, which takes place THIS FRIDAY! Bring yourselves!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment