Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Getaway


I went to Atlanta earlier tonight for the Art Amok poetry slam. I’ve been known to bounce out of town just because, and I’ve really needed a break from Chattanooga (even if it was just a few hours), so I figured it was a fated excursion.

Honestly, I really didn’t know what to expect. Every slam is different. Every slam community is different. When I arrived though, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Everyone was mad nice and the vibe was very open. It’s a special thing when that’s the case. I’m definitely looking forward to popping back down to GA and doing it again.

In other news, I read something recently that’s really got me thinking about what I want in my life and what I need. I exert myself a lot for a number of people, and, often, that energy isn’t reciprocated. However, I am extremely thankful for those people who are in my inner circle. It’s nice to know that I do have peeps that I can rely on when the times are trying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment