Sunday, March 4, 2012

Listen!


We’re at the beginning of March, and I’m excited to see where this month takes me. February was such an immensely fun and educational month for me. I learned a lot about myself, my culture, my history, etc.

I’ve been asked by a good friend to take part in a performance to celebrate the beginning of National Jazz Appreciation Month. I decided to try my hand at banging out a poem about Charles Mingus. I’ve been familiar with his work and legend for some time, but doing all of this new research and listening to his music again has really inspired me. I’m happy with what’s emerged so far for the piece and look forward to where it will take me later down the line. Stay tuned!

In other news, I spent three years of my adult life as a dj and a producer who operated under the name The Wetworks. I put an album out in 2008 called Government Air and was working on a follow-up before a number of things derailed the process (my computer crashing and me losing a lot of programs, sound banks, etc. being the biggest one). However, I’ve recently gone back and started listening to the old material again. I’m really thinking of jumping back in and making some new songs. They will sound tremendously different then the record I made in 2008, but they will definitely sound like me, and that’s a good thing. In the meantime, I’ll be uploading Government Air to my Soundcloud page in the near future. Give it a listen, download it, share it with friends, etc. Do whatever semi-normal peeps do with music these days, and don’t hesitate to let me know what you think.

Well, that’s all I have for now. Enjoy this video by Spoek Mathambo that has continuously been blowing my mind on each view, and I’ll get back with you soon.



Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment