Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ch-Ch-Checking In


It’s really hard to believe that February is almost done. This month has truly been a blur. A good blur on my end, but a blur nonetheless.

This past Saturday, Marcus Ellsworth and I had our reading at Winder Binder. It was big fun. We were treated to the sight of many friendly faces in the audience.



Marcus and I took turns reading poems and sharing a little bit about the stories behind them and our chapbooks in general. I was pleasantly surprised by the looks on the faces of those who stumbled upon the reading and by how many of them stayed until we finished. We even had the opportunity to speak to a few and snap a couple of pictures afterwards, so that’s ALWAYS a nice experience.

In other news, I wrote a poem called Confinement about seven years back. It’s a pretty personal piece and was intended for my manuscript. When I was putting Ghosts & Echoes together, I decided to include it in the collection to give people the advance opportunity to read it.

For a while now, I’ve had it in mind to record myself reading the piece, and I just haven’t been able to make it happen. Well, friends, that CHANGED on Sunday. It was a busy day for me, but I had a small window of about four free minutes, so I decided to finally make good on attempting the recording. The file below is what I managed to get in one take. I think I did a good job of capturing the emotion of the poem, but I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear what you fine folks out there in the interwebz think. Let me know!

Christian J. Collier - Confinement by Christian J. Collier

Well kids, that’s it for now. Be good, learn some things, and I’ll catch up with you very soon (I promise!).

No comments:

Post a Comment