Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Places


 
Greetings Ladies & Gents,

 
I have been rehearsing pretty heavy for my release show for my debut EP Between Beauty & Bedlam this Sunday (https://www.facebook.com/events/733674449978074/ ). Just last night, we rehearsed as a band, and it was a beautiful experience. The energy was amazing, and I’m really excited to translate it on the stage on Sunday. When I got home after practice, I started thinking though.

 
Several years ago, a lady asked me what I did creatively. I was performing a great deal at the time, and I told her that I pretty much took myself apart and put myself back together again in front of an audience. A lot of my life ends up in my work in a number of ways, so I relive a lot of good and bad times whenever I’m working my way through a set.

 
With the different pieces and tones that we, as a band, hit on last night, it really took me deeper into the material, which is both great and kind of difficult. During a recent radio interview, I said that when I perform, my goal is to recapture the emotion of whatever I was either going through while composing a piece, or, if it’s something directly rooted in my life, the emotional truth from a particular experience. I definitely visited some interesting places last night. Surprisingly, it just took a little bit longer than I anticipated to shake myself out of them. It happens though.

 
Anyway, I’ll be performing in a show that runs the 7th, 8th, and 9th at Barking Legs called Come on in My Kitchen. It’s going to be a great deal of fun, and will definitely inject a healthy dose of the provocative into the bloodstream of Chattanooga. For info on the show, you can visit here: http://barkinglegs.org/event/details/come-on-in-my-kitchen/  

 
Lastly, a huge THANK YOU to everybody who has supported my record so far. It’s been selling well, and the response has been amazing. Mr. Richard Winham from WUTC has been playing Walk off the EP a good bit, which I’m immensely thankful for. I keep saying that this whole project is an experience, and it truly is. I’m having a blast letting everything develop and taking it as it comes.
 
If you’re interested in streaming the record and/or downloading it, you can do so here: http://christianjcollier.bandcamp.com/
If you’d like a physical CD mailed your way, you can purchase it here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/christianjcollier
 
Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Hopefully, I’ll see you at some point at Barking Legs over the course of the next four days!
 
Blessings
 

No comments:

Post a Comment