Monday, November 18, 2013

Release




Hey ladies and gents,

 
It’s hard to believe that a week has already passed since my release party for Between Beauty & Bedlam. It was such a powerful night for me, and I was TRULY thankful for everybody who came out.

 
When I woke up that day, I was in a really odd mood. I felt a little emotionally exhausted as well as a number of other things. I mentioned before that during rehearsal for the show, it kind of dawned on me just how personal the material on the EP is. A lot of memories got brought back to the surface and I, to a large degree, forced myself to relive some of those emotions. Fortunately though, I got some spiritual feeding and insight and was able to right the ship and get on the right track by the early afternoon.

 

When we got started at the show, Marcus Ellsworth set things off right. He also almost made me cry. He told the crowd how much I’ve supported and encouraged him over the years, and it really resonated with me. I had to shake myself out of it though because if I got teary in that moment, I would’ve been a mess for the remainder of the night.

 
When the time came for me to take the stage, everything felt right. We kicked things off with Here, Home, and as soon as the first words started coming out of my mouth, everything fell into place. I looked out into the audience and saw someone crying, and I knew that it was going to be a special experience.

 
I had the honor of sharing the stage with Jessica Nunn, my good friend Detroit Nick, and an incredible young singer named Zowie Boyd, and I was really satisfied with how we brought the record to life. Plus, the energy onstage was amazing. I was really privileged to have such positive and easy people to work with. It truly makes a huge difference.

 
At the end of the night, I was fortunate to talk to most of the people who attended. Several people told me that they cried at different parts of the show, and that really touched me. I’m really excited by the potential that this record, its stories, its emotional truth and execution, etc. have. I’m incredibly proud and humbled that it’s already started to connect with people, and I look forward to where it takes me. When I left Barking Legs, I really felt vindicated as an artist. I felt like this was the project I was meant to make at this point in my life, and that is an AMAZING feeling.

 
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment