Saturday, April 9, 2011

On the Grind in April



I have managed to stay busy every single day of this month. Busy in a good way though. That makes ALL the difference.

A lot of people have been asking me about the status of Speakeasy (which I sincerely appreciate). I should have some news either next week or the week after that at the latest. Stay tuned, boys and girls. It’s all just a matter of time.

I’ve mentioned on here that I’m going to be hosting CD release party for The Hearts in Light on April 23rd. It gets under way at 8 and is being held at Create Here (55 E Main Street, Suite 105) If you’re unfamiliar with Create Here, you can check their website out here: http://createhere.org/

Kyle from THIL asked me to perform an environmentally-themed poem for the occasion, so I took it as a personal challenge. A few days later, I managed to bang out a brand spankin’ new piece. It’s called Mr. Hayward and I’m really looking forward to breaking it out and performing it at the release party.



Also, I’ve been preparing for the jazz celebration at The Hunter on the 17th, too. I’m planning on reading a piece called Indigo that I wrote in 2006. It was one of the first poems that I wrote upon moving back to Chattanooga from Tampa. It’s an ode to Nina Simone.



Well kids, stay up. Keep in mind that you can follow me on Twitter. I’m @IChristian3030 on there. Tomorrow, I’ll be uploading a new poem that you can download if you so desire for National Poetry Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment