Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"We've Got the Jazz"



It’s hard to believe that we’re already in the month of April. This year isn’t messing around. Let’s get into my first update of the month on here.

We did Strange Bedfellows this past weekend. We faced some pretty stiff competition and some challenges, but it was still a good show. I’ll gladly keep everyone posted on the next one we do.



On Sunday, my very dear friend Shane Morrow put on a jazz celebration outside The Hunter Art Museum. It was absolutely beautiful. The Ben Friberg Trio, The Undoctored Originals, Shane Morrow along with a few guest vocalists, and the UTC jazz ensemble performed. I had the privilege of being one of five poets to rock the microphone with The Undoctored Originals. It truly was a tremendous time.

Later this month, there will be another jazz event at The Hunter. Shane is at the helm of this one as well. It will be from 6 to 8 PM on April 17th. If you are reading this, consider yourself to be cordially invited. The theme is going to be Women in Jazz, so it definitely will be something special.



As a personal project for April, which is National Poetry Month, I’m going to post live mp3s each Sunday on here and on Twitter (twitter.com/IChristian3030). I just uploaded my new poem Passage this past Sunday. You can download the performance here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDO6XW2N

We’re less than two weeks out from MANIFEST VI. I spoke to Tom Cordell on Sunday and he’s very much looking forward to playing. I am also eager to both see and hear Chase and Sean from Two People Playing Music again. They are great guys with a phenomenal sound.

Also, I am very pleased to announce that members of The Undoctored Originals will be performing with Tom Cordell on the 15th. MANIFEST is DEFINITELY going to be something to see. We’ve got a SHOW on our hands, ladies and gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment