Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February!




Greetings Everybody,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian wanted to keep you in the loop on a few things. First, I’ve got THREE brand new videos that I’ve done in the past week. I recently added some music to my poem Weight, which is dedicated to Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I wanted to experiment a bit with some visuals, and the images I found really added an intense emotional dynamic to the work. Also, I got together with a good friend and shot a few videos around town this past Friday. We’ve got two ready for you lovely folks to feast your eyes and ears on. You can see the videos here:




Second, this coming Thursday night, I’ll be taking part in an event at The Hunter called Muse of the African American Spirit: A Celebration of African American Artists. It starts at 6 PM. Here’s the official spiel from the museum:

Join us for this celebration of music, dance, spoken word and the visual arts and a chance to view our new exhibition "Slavery: A Continued Legacy." Program produced in partnership with the Bessie Smith Cultural Center and presented by Shane Morrow and THECREATIVEUNDERGROUND.

Next, I’ll be performing at The Cannery Ballroom in Nashville on the 27th of this month. I’m REALLY excited about the opportunity. Over the years, I’ve seen countless acts whose works have inspired and influenced me, so it’s an honor to be able to hit that stage. I’ll be performing some pieces from my EP Between Beauty & Bedlam as well as some other things. If you’ll be in the neighborhood and would like to come out, I can shoot you more information.

Oh, and if you’re interested in checking out the record and/or purchasing it, you can do so at http://christianjcollier.bandcamp.com/ and http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/christianjcollier. 

That’s all I’ve got right now, brothers and sisters. As always, thank you for the support with The Speakeasy, MANIFEST, and anything else that I’ve been a part of.

Blessings

Links:
Twitter - @ichristian3030

No comments:

Post a Comment