Friday, January 31, 2014

A Different Light



Greetings Everybody,

We’re rapidly approaching the end of January, and I’m REALLY looking forward to February. I have several grand things going down, and I’m always interested in adding more opportunities onto my calendar. I’ve been seeking out Black History Month programs to participate in because not only do they give me the chance to perform (specifically, poems that I, otherwise, don’t blow the dust off that often), but they also provide a wonderful opportunity to continue to learn.

Let’s see. I recorded a new version of my poem Weight, which is dedicated to Martin Luther King Jr. A few days ago, I was resting up after a car accident, and I started thinking. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not really one to sit still. I added some music to the poem when I recorded it, and I wanted to do something visually to add another aspect to the text. So, I went to work on making a little video.

 

I culled together some images that I felt fit PERFECTLY, and sequencing them with the audio was pretty moving for me. The pictures really allowed me to see the poem in a different light.

Without any further ado, here’s what I was able to make. If you’re moved by it or just appreciate the work, please share it, and don’t be strangers. Also, my debut EP is available here: http://christianjcollier.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment