Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Feeling Good, Feeling Great


Greetings,

Ladies and gents, Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian is a happy man. I feel so connected and rejuvenated, and the people around me are seeing it as well. It’s definitely a great feeling.



We did June’s MANIFEST this past Saturday, and it was big fun. My Politic were great (and VERY nice guys), and it’s always special to see my sister from another mister (That’s Amber Fults if you didn’t know) do her thing. Next month, we’ll be doing a poetry-themed show, so bring your poems down on the 14th and rock out with us. It’ll be another pay what you want show, so let’s get it going!

Last night, I had the opportunity to perform with Peggy Douglas and Jim Pfitzer for the Chattanooga Writer’s Guild meeting. The focus was on spoken word. I really didn’t know what to expect coming into the meeting (which is generally the way I like it), but it was great fun. Very hot temperature-wise, but great fun.

Jim performed a few excerpts from his one-man show, which was very interesting to see. When my turn came to present, I told the audience that I’d decided to shake the dust off some pieces I haven’t done in a long time. I also figured that it was a good opportunity to perform some of my most evocative poems. The reception was great, which is ALWAYS very much appreciated. I managed to sell a good number of chapbooks at the end of the meeting, too. It was a good showing.



I had an absolute blast watching Peggy perform and learning a bit about her process. I’m going to try to talk shop with her at some point in the near future.

So, switching gears, I wanted to throw it out there that I’ll be performing at The Hunter Art Museum on the 28th of this month. I’ll be spinning some Hip-Hop classics (some of which have changed my life), jumping on the mic, and also showcasing some of my ridiculously talented friends. The event runs from 6 to 8 and is FREE, so bring yourselves out if you can. We’ll have a good time. This, I guarantee.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Stay in touch, say hey every now and again, and be good! Please try to be good. lol.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment