Wednesday, June 16, 2010

God's Trombones & More


Some of you might already be aware of this, but I've agreed to take part in a staging of James Weldon Johnson's "God's Trombones" later this month. It will be taking place on Sunday, the 27th from 4-6 at the Bessie Smith Hall. Tickets are $10. I'll have the duty of tackling "Let My People Go" with the Chattanooga Choral Society for the Preservation of African-American Song.

"Let My People Go" tells the tale of the Exodus, so it's going to be a lot of fun lending my voice and emotion to the poem. Plus, I get to be both God and Moses. How grand is that? I hope that a good number of people come out. It's going to be a fantastic experience.

Aside from that, I've been working on a lot of new poems. Some are for the page, others will be for the stage, so stay tuned. I'm very excited with what's been coming out, and I can't wait to start debuting the pieces once they're finished. I'm officially expecting. Mua ha ha.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment