Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April!


Greetings,

I’ve been gearing up for my upcoming performance at The Hunter this Thursday, and it’s been rough. I’ve been on the sick side of the coin, and it’s been eating up my voice. I’ll be good to go on Thursday though. This, I guarantee.



If you’re a fan of the music and culture of jazz music, you should check out http://jazzanooga.org  for a schedule of events taking place. Former “American Idol” runner-up Ruben Studdard, Grammy-winners Gregory Porter and Lalah Hathaway, and more are coming to Chattanooga, so make sure to stay in the loop of this month’s activities.

Next, as I mentioned before, I’ll be performing at The Hunter Thursday night. It will be a celebration of the phenomenal new exhibit featuring African-American art from the Renaissance and up, as well as Jazz Appreciation Month and National Poetry Month. I’m really excited about this performance and all of the surprises I have in store. You can also check out an article on the show and yours truly in general here: http://www.chattanoogapulse.com/arts/renaissance-gumbo-from-a-word-chef/  



Oh, you can also check out an article the features some other proponents of literacy and me here: http://www.chattanooganow.com/news/2014/apr/04/changing-chattanooga-spreading-the-word/. My picture was actually taken at rehearsal, so I’m glad that it was snapped before I worked up a holy sweat. 

Lastly, on April 26th, I’ll be sharing the stage With Function. They just recently won this year’s Road to Nightfall competition, and if you haven’t checked them out yet, you’re absolutely missing out. We’re going to be playing some soul music with a message, so bring yourselves out for good times.



Well, that’s all that I have for now, brothers and sisters. Be good, stay tuned, and I hope to see you out and about soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment