Monday, September 12, 2011

MANIFEST Weekend Wrap-Up



Man, MANIFEST Weekend was a success, brothers and sisters. I’m very fortunate to have been surrounded by such immense talent on both Friday and Saturday. For the record, I’m STILL physically beat, but I’m a happy and exhausted man.

On Friday night, Sabrina and Amber Fults absolutely KILLED. It truly was a treat for those who came out to see it. Oddly enough, when Sabrina arrived, she asked me if I was going to perform as well. I told her that I had not planned to do so, but at the end of the night, I jumped on the microphone and ran through a few poems from my chapbook Ghosts & Echoes (and managed to sell a few more).



Saturday was a huge pleasure. I set up around 5 (and in addition to hosting and performing, I also was the DJ), and met all the artists. Pretty much as soon as we opened the doors, people started pouring in, checking out the art, etc. It was great to see.

Sarah Bybee, my fifth artist for the event, brought her baby. Me being me, I designated him to be our official mascot for the day. Mua ha ha.



We had, at least, two of our artists to sell some work also. I found that to be great. I, myself, managed to sell a few more books and MANIFEST t-shirts, so that was dope as well.



Aside from the visual art, we had performances by Ray Zimmerman, The Divine Write (Marcus Ellsworth and Brandi Alexander), Mary Wier, Shannon Rogers, Sana Childers, Phenomenal C, Mark “Porkchop” Holder, and yours truly. In a way, it was kind of like a family reunion. There was big fun. There was adventure. There was Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian chasing down a guy on the sidewalk who tried to steal a MANIFEST shirt. What more could you ask for?



You can check out some of what took place on Saturday here. Props to Mr. Keith!



Moving forward, I’ll be performing in Atlanta this Friday night at Kavarna for a friend’s birthday show I’ve mentioned it on here before, but I’m going to be rehearsing my little set all this week up until I stretch out on the road on the 16th. Honestly, other than that, I’m going to try to LOUNGE! I just need a few days to recuperate from a very active, yet very fulfilling stretch of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment