Monday, June 13, 2011

Good Times


What a wonderful couple of weeks it’s been. From the IndieFeed feature to selling out of books to witnessing Shane Morrow and Amber Fults put on a CLINIC at MANIFEST: Art & Soul, I have really been blessed.

Yesterday, I decided to bounce down to Decatur, GA to hit the Java Monkey poetry open-mic. I was talking with Kodac, the host of the open-mic, during the last few months of last year about featuring at the Java Monkey, but things never really shook out. It happens, friends – especially when two busy people’s schedules enter into the mix.

In any case, I had a great time taking it all in, officially meeting Kodac in person, reconnecting with some of the poets who competed in the Roswell slam earlier this year, and, of course, PERFORMING. It’s always big fun to perform in front of new faces. I definitely look forward to doing it again soon and bringing some of The Speakeasy fam with me. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment