Sunday, August 31, 2014

Welcome to September




Greetings Brothers & Sisters,

 
Welcome to September! August was another active, interesting month. It also seemed to kind of last forever, but maybe that was just me. Let’s jump into the goings on, shall we?

 
I’ve had some things going on with my throat for a little over a week now, so I went to the doctor. Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian has himself an abscess in there. Swallowing, breathing, etc. has been a bit of a chore, but I’m making it.

 
Tomorrow night, I have the distinct honor and privilege of performing at JJ’s Bohemia with Ryan Oyer. Ryan is one of the most prolific artists I know, and we’ve been friends for over five years now. He did the layout for my record, and I produced a song on his debut album. I’m extremely happy to be sharing the stage with him, and you should come out if you’re in or around Chattanooga. The show is only $5, so if you like the tunes we kick out, you should have some extra scratch to buy our merch… and help keep us off the streets!

 

In other news, my newest poem was published recently in the latest issue of Stimulate Your Soul magazine. It’s distributed out of Australia. The poem is called Two Weeks and deals with Mike Brown and what transpired after the shooting. You can read it here: http://www.stimulateyoursoul.com/blog/2014/8/30/two-weeks-by-spoken-word-artist-christian-j-collier.html

 

On the 26th of this month, I’ll be sharing the stage Minton Sparks. If you’re unfamiliar with her or her works, she’s a Grammy-nominated artist who’s performed with several highly-acclaimed acts. I’m really looking forward to that night. You should come out to Charles & Myrtle’s and catch us. I guarantee satisfaction.

 
Lastly, I’ve got some BRAND NEW MERCH coming! You’ll be able to buy new shirts AND hoodies from me soon. They’re stylish, a little bit sexy, and have my personal stamp of approval as well as my government name on them. They’ll be available for purchase on the 12th of this month.

 
Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Be good, stay in touch, do good things, and I’ll post again in the near future. Scout’s honor.

 
Blessings

Links:
http://christianjcollier.bandcamp.com/
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/christianjcollier
http://soundcloud.com/christian-j-collier
Twitter - @ichristian3030

No comments:

Post a Comment