Monday, August 4, 2014

Closer


Greetings Ladies & Gents,

What’s new and exciting? For the first time in two months (maybe more than that now, actually), I experienced a full week without being on a stage of some sort, and it felt kind of weird. I’ve been spoiled in being fortunate to be so active over the course of the past few months.



As things stand right now, I have bookings lined up through the end of September. Of course, I’m ALWAYS taking more. If you’d like to talk about working something out with yours truly, please e-mail me thespeakeasypoetry@gmail.com. In addition to performing, I can also facilitate workshops for a number of ages and demographics, so keep that in mind and feel free to share that info with anybody that might want to utilize my services.

Switching gears, here are some places where you can find me over the next month:



August 10th @11AM – Christ Unity Church

September 26th @ Charles & Myrtle’s w/ Minton Sparks

Both of these performances will be in Chattanooga, which just so happens to be my neck of the woods. I’m really excited about both, too.

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to perform with my old poetry group. It was a good reminder of what we’ve been through over the years, and it did kind of feel like a family gathering. I got hit on by an older woman, sold some merch, and rocked out on the stage.



I have some things in the works that I’m very excited about, but I can’t speak on them at the moment. Just know that cool things are taking shape, and, hopefully, in the very near future I’ll be able to talk about them at length. Fingers crossed, boys and girls.

In other news, I really feel like the past few months have served to be a huge affirmation, both creatively and personally. I challenged myself to step up more in a professional capacity and allow my gifts to carry me and, hopefully, show me what needs to happen next. It’s been an incredibly awing and pleasing experience, and it continues to be so. I’m ready to change my life and commit to being a full-time artist, and I’m hoping that some of what I’ve alluded to above (granted, in a very vague manner) will afford me the chance to make that dream come to fruition. We shall see. In the interim, I’m trying to remain patient, which is difficult. I feel like Al Pacino at the end of “The Devil’s Advocate” when he says, “I’m ready to work, Kevin!” I want to work! I want to be out there sweating in front of a crowd.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for you now. Stay in touch, be good, and check out my debut EP at the links below. You can also purchase it from hose links or from me directly. I know that a lo of people don’t spend any money on music these days, but my job from day one has been to leave the audience with something they could appreciate for years. I put everything I possibly could into bringing this record to fruition, and if you feel moved by the material enough to buy it, know that I genuinely appreciate it and that you are who I do these things for. That’s God’s honest straight from ours truly.

Blessings

Links:




Twitter - @ichristian3030

 

No comments:

Post a Comment