Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June Check-In


 
Greetings Ladies & Gents,

 
I’ve been away from this blog too long. It feels good to be pushing the keys again and touching base with you fine folks who peruse these words. So, let’s jump in.

 
If you knew me back in 2006 until early 2009, there’s a good chance that you knew me as a DJ and producer. I made a gross of diverse beats, remixes, etc. In ’09, my computer crashed and I lost… pretty much everything. It took a long time before I could amass a new setup and find the desire to start from scratch. The past have years have seen me get more and more back into everything though.

 
What most of you don’t know is that I’ve been working on an electronic record for most of the year. It started while I was in the hospital with my mom as a means to express what I was feeling, and has kind of forged its own direction since then. I’ve let a few of my closest listen to some of the stuff off it, and, so far, the feedback has been great. I might drop a little something something for you guys in the near future, so make sure to be on the lookout. I could very well make you weep and dance at the same time.

 
Also, my newest poem is about my mother. I said about a month ago that I thought it was the poem I needed to write, because ever since I’ve started performing it, the advice in it has absolutely resonated again and again. It’s a beautiful thing when something you create can better your life. Oh, and you can check out a recording of the poem below.  

 



Outside of that, I’ve been lining up new poetry gigs, and I’m really interested in trying to find more opportunities for the band and I to rock out. It’s clichéd to say at this point, but I absolutely love being in front of a room of people doing the do. Oh, and if you or anybody you know might be interested in my services, feel free to reach out.

 
Switching gears, as I’m sure you all know, we lost Maya Angelou recently. This year, the poetry world has lost both Maya and Amiri Baraka. Both have had an incredible influence on my life, not just my work.

 
Well, dear brothers & sisters, that’s all I’ve got for now. Be good, stay cool (literally), and I’ll be in touch before too long.

 
Blessings

 

Links:

 


 


 


 

Twitter - @ichristian3030

1 comment: