Sunday, December 8, 2013

Landmarks


 
It’s hard to believe that it’s December. The year has buzzed by (it probably feels that way because I’ve been immersed in a project the whole year). In any case, it’s surprising to, basically, be knocking on the door of 2014.

 
For the past few years, December has been a really interesting month. Specifically, the past few have truly left deep impressions on me and cemented a great deal of change in and around my life.

 
Yesterday marked two years since the abrupt collapse of a relationship that really altered my being across the board. The sum of that experience really humbled me and forced me to confront a number of things, both internally and externally.

 


It’s amazing for me to think of just how much different my life has been since then. It also feels weird to know that it really been two full years. It, honestly, feels like it’s been much longer.

 
Switching gears, last December is when I sat down and issued myself a challenge (I’ve been known to enjoy a good challenge or two). That challenge became my debut EP Between Beauty & Bedlam. I, honestly, had no idea what a record with my face, name, production, and voice on it would sound like, but as soon as I committed to the project, things just started falling into place. Almost twelve months exactly (and I’ve said this before), but that decision, as well as this particular project, changed my life for the better.

 
I don’t pretend to know what things will look like for me around this time next year, but I’m excited about continuing on with the momentum that the past few years have given me. I’m enjoying the ride, brothers and sisters!

http://christianjcollier.bandcamp.com/
Twitter - @ichristian3030

 

No comments:

Post a Comment