Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Goings On


Greetings,

I’ve been on the sick side for the past week. Historically, whenever I’m under the weather, something bad happens and I also get really contemplative. This time around, the former hasn’t happened, but the latter has definitely been in effect.



I’m not much of a fan of downtime (big surprise, eh?). I enjoy being active, creating, working, etc. Really, it took me getting sick to realize that I am exhausted. Part of it is because I’m recovering, but I’m also kind of emotionally exhausted. I’ve started taking a few steps back from things and a few people in order to recharge. I came to the conclusion that I need to refocus my energies for the time being, and I’ve been mapping out how to make that happen. Wish Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian luck!



Switching gears, the last bit of biz for Between Beauty & Bedlam has been completed! That means that the construction phase is DONE! The next phase (introducing you fine people to the record, performing it, etc.) is almost ready to begin. This entire process has been a true journey, and one that has taught me a great deal about myself. I’ve learned just how resourceful I can be, how much hustle I’ve got, etc. I’ve even picked up a few new tools.

I’m really looking forward to making the live experience of the record come to fruition. I’ve got some pretty cool ideas in mind, so hopefully in a month or less, I’ll have the opportunity to kick out the jams for you. They’re certainly not going to kick themselves out!

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now, brothers and sisters. Be good, be good to each other, and I’ll be in touch before too long. As my mentor would say, love, peace, and hair grease!
 
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment