Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Almost There


Greetings, ladies and gents. I hope that all has been well with you. I’m getting over a cold, but I’m alright. As I write this, I’m listening to the speeches from today’s 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. Fifty years. It’s so easy to forget that only a generation or two separates all of us from a completely different American landscape. The fact that I can share laughter, love, etc. with friends from all over the economic and cultural spectrum is not lost on me. It’s something that I’m thankful for, and I know that the price for that exchange has been paid with blood. We still have so far to go though, but it’s amazing to look back and see what strides have been made to get us this far.



I am SO anxious because within a week, I’ll be sending everything off to have my record manufactured! We are almost at the finish line, and I’m pleased, nervous, excited, etc. to be so close to Between Beauty & Bedlam being out. It’s wild for me to think that the majority of the year has been spent bringing this thing to fruition. It’s clichéd to say, but there’s been a great deal of sacrifice, sweat, and faith to make this project happen, and there’s just a little ways to go!

 



As I’ve been waiting on the last few bits of EP biz to get finished, I’ve been keeping busy (big surprise there, eh?). I’ve been doing some remixes, shopping beats to rappers, developing a few programs, etc. I’m really excited about what the next few months hold. There’s so much potential and so many things that I wish I could blab about right now, but, I shall spare you for the time being. Mua ha ha!

Switching gears, I’m very pleased to be sharing the stage on September 6th with Ms. Janelle Jackson, who comes to us by way of the great state of TX. We’re performing in an event about eliciting social change. I’m always interested in hearing what comes out of Janelle’s mouth, so I’m definitely looking forward to the evening.

Well gang, that’s all I’ve got for now! Stay up, stay loose, and I shall be in touch in the near future!
 
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment