Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Biz


Greetings,

Since last I wrote, I celebrated my second birthday. In the long-long ago when weed was grass, I performed my first poem in public, and that experience really helped to define my life. I remember that I invited this chick from high school that I had a years-long crush on out to hear it with the hopes that I would woo her through the word. However, she didn’t show up. I didn’t get the girl, but I got the artistic life, so Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian cannot complain.

In other news, I provided another musical score for a dance piece in April. I was commissioned to sample some things, which I really haven’t done in ages, so it was interesting to come to the table with some fresh ideas on how to flip some chants and a familiar song for you fine folks. I also made some original pieces, too. The process was REALLY fast, so I wasn’t sure of how everything flowed, but having had the opportunity to watch the video below, I’m pretty proud of what I cooked up. Plus, seeing what Elizabeth Longphre, who choreographed the dance, and co. were able to do with it really made me appreciate it in a different light.


Well, that’s all I’ve got for now, brothers and sisters. Second mixes for my record Between Beauty & Bedlam are coming soon, which means that I’ll FINALLY have something to debut from the EP in the near future! Dun, dun, dunnnn.


Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment