Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Arrival


 
Welcome to the month of May! We’re officially five months into 2013, and I must say that I’m pleased with how this year’s shaken out so far.

I recently submitted a video for a competition about “speaking up” regarding social issues. There’s a nice financial prize for the winner, but I’m really elated for the opportunity to see what other artists from across the map are doing and to share and connect. I LOVE the creative exchange, so I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.

 

For the past few weeks, I’ve received so much insight, wisdom, and affirmation from a number of people. There have been several Come to Jesus meetings, and I, honestly, feel the calmest, clearest, and most open that I’ve felt in several years. It feels great, and I’ve actually experienced a good bit of contentment… which is a strange bird for someone like myself who’s been so accustomed to grinding and working towards something. Who would’ve thought?


It’s really interesting to have arrived at this place, especially when I’ve been working on bringing my debut EP to fruition. When I started actively putting it together, I spent A LOT of time thinking about who and where I’ve been, what I’ve overcome, etc. I won’t say that this kind of meditative process began then, but I really became aware of where I wanted to go in my life, with my art, etc. and I feel that I’ve made some good headway on the journey. Plus, I sincerely feel that my record reflects the trek pretty aptly, and in a funky, funky way (j/k).

That’s all I’ve got for now gang. Stay up!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment