Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fortunate


Greetings,

Ladies and gents, Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian is a pretty happy man. Yes, HAPPY! April has really proved to be a wonderfully creative month. Let’s jump into what’s been going down!

I had the honor of performing this past Saturday at RAW Presents MARVEL in Atlanta. It was an absolutely beautiful event that featured bands, visual artists, body painting, fashion, etc. As soon as I reached Terminal West, I was blown away by the sheer scale of the show.

 
For the first time EVER, my aunt, uncle, sister, and brother-in-law got to see me perform… and use some colorful language (for what it’s worth, I used those words with love!). It was really interesting to have had that experience and to expose them to what I’ve done for so long.

Terminal West has become my home away from home. I’ve been there a good number of times this year and have seen some incredible artists take the stage. I’ve been so excited about doing my thing there for a while now, and I’m happy to report that my set went off without a hitch, friends.

About halfway into my first poem, the energy was just AMAZING. It was beautiful. Absolutely. I’m so thankful for how everything shook out.

 
In other news, my debut EP is currently being mixed as I type. My engineer made a post on Facebook that he was really in love with the material (I didn’t even pay or prompt him to say it!). It’s always a good sign when the person who’s responsible for tightening up the sound quality of your project is amped up about it. I’m hoping to have an initial mix in the near future. I’m getting closer and closer to having something to kick your way, boys and girls!

Lastly, there are only a few more days remaining in April’s 30 poems in 30 days challenge. For my writers, poets, and experimenters out there, how has it been? Have you remained steadfast? Let me know! I’ve banged a piece out each day thus far, and I’ve managed to crank out some pretty good stuff.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now, brothers and sisters. Stay up, stay well, and I wish you continued love and light! Until next time.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment