Saturday, March 2, 2013

MANIFEST News


Welcome to March! The year’s flying by.

As I’m sure some of you know, I’ve been working on an EP for the past few months that will consist of my original poetry as well as my original music and production. It truly is a CJC offering, and I’m extremely excited to bring it to fruition.

Also, I’m working on some programming that I’m really eager about getting off the table. If things bode well, I can break news in the near future about it all.

 

As a result of these projects and the attention and energy they need to complete them, I’m going to be taking a little hiatus from the MANIFEST shows. Rest assured that the MANIFEST brand isn’t going anywhere.

In fact, you can see me perform on March 15th at Barking Legs Theater for Mr. Marcus Ellsworth’s Act 2: Mudita show. I’ll be sharing the stage with dancer Eliza Luminara, comedian and storyteller Andy Pyburn, and multi-instrumentalist Robin Burke. Tickets are $10 at the door. Doors open at 7:30 PM and the performance starts at 8:00 PM.

On March 16th, I’ll be performing at Jerry Allen’s Poetry & Punchlines show at Mocha on Brainerd Rd. The show features spoken word artists and comedians from across the
country including talent from Russell Simmons' DEF COMEDY and DEF POETRY, Robert Townsend's SPOKEN, BET's Comic View, etc. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door on the night of the show. You can get tickets at Giorgio Menswear Downtown and online at Mochajazz.com. Doors will open at 7:30 and we’ll get rolling at 8.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Until we speak again, be good, stay warm, and I hope to see you soon.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment