Saturday, December 29, 2012

Favorite Albums (& an EP) of 2012


Greetings,

Well, it has happened. I’ve finally finished my list of favorite records for 2012. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all of these offerings and look forward to what 2013 holds for my ears.
  1. Brother Ali – The Bitemarked Heart
  2. Eliza Rickman – O, You Sinners
  3. Killer Mike – R.A.P. Music
  4. El-P – Cancer 4 Cure
  5. Big Krit – Live from the Underground
  6. Frank OceanChannel Ocean
  7. Brother Ali – Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color
  8. Flying Lotus – Until the Quiet Comes
  9. Nas – Life is Good
  10. P.O.S. – We Don’t Even Live Here
  11. Angel Snow – Angel Snow
  12. Big Boi – Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors
  13. Esthero – Everything is Expensive
If I had to pick an overall favorite album, it would probably have to be Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color by Brother Ali with Killer Mike’s album placing a really close second. Ali’s project was exactly what I needed to hear when I needed to hear it and it resonates with me on a more personal level than Mike’s jawn does.
 
So, now that you’ve got my list, kiddies, what are your faves? I want to see what you fine folks have been jamming out to over the past 12 months.
Blessings
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment