Well, it has happened. I’ve finally finished my list of favorite records for 2012. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all of these offerings and look forward to what 2013 holds for my ears.
- Brother Ali – The Bitemarked Heart
- Eliza Rickman – O, You Sinners
- Killer Mike – R.A.P. Music
- El-P – Cancer 4 Cure
- Big Krit – Live from the Underground
– Frank Ocean Channel Ocean
- Brother Ali – Mourning in
and Dreaming in Color America
- Flying Lotus – Until the Quiet Comes
- Nas – Life is Good
- P.O.S. – We Don’t Even Live Here
- Angel Snow – Angel Snow
- Big Boi – Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors
- Esthero – Everything is Expensive
If I had to pick an overall favorite album, it would probably have to be Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color by Brother Ali with Killer Mike’s album placing a really close second. Ali’s project was exactly what I needed to hear when I needed to hear it and it resonates with me on a more personal level than Mike’s jawn does.
So, now that you’ve got my list, kiddies, what are your faves? I want to see what you fine folks have been jamming out to over the past 12 months.