Sunday, December 9, 2012

December


Welcome to the final month of 2012! This year’s sped by. I remember EXACTLY what was going on last year at this same time and have actually come full circle on a few things. I feel that the past fifty-two weeks have been an exercise in turning inward and advocating more for self. I’ve learned A LOT in that span of time and truly consider myself to be fortunate.

December continues to be shape up to be quite the month. I’ve been booked for a number of solo shows including a very fun house performance last night. Last night would’ve been our MANIFEST night, but due to my level of activity, I just couldn’t swing it. However, I’m of the mind that it has been entirely too long since we’ve had a gathering (dinner, bowling, etc.). I think this could be a good opportunity to do so. If you’ve got any suggestions, friends, feel free to shoot them my way.

On the 1st of the month, we had Mainx24 in good ol’ Chattanooga. For those who are unfamiliar, it’s pretty much a 23-hr. crash course in all things creative that the Scenic City has to offer. I had the opportunity to catch up with old friends, meet some new people, and really just soak up the energy.

I performed at the Wide Open Floor event, and that was big fun. A pleasant surprise was seeing Ann Law from Barking Legs perform using the first part of my 3 Faces of the Storm instrumental. It was my first time getting to see some of what and the other dancers would be doing for the “Gods and Disasters” show that’s currently running at ETC. Man, I felt like a proud papa taking it all in.

 
Switching gears, on 12/12/12, I’ll have the distinct honor and privilege of seeing Mr. W. Kamau Bell perform in Nashville. I’m so looking forward to it. Kamau’s been one of my favorite discoveries this year, so it’ll be great to see him do his thing live. Oh, and as if that wasn’t cool enough on its own, I’ll also be meeting the brotha after the show. Mua ha ha!!! Hump Day’s looking up, brothers and sisters.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Be good, don’t hurt anybody while you’re out shopping, and don’t be strangers, y’hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment