Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vacant Outlet Business


This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to bring The Vacant Outlet Tour to Cleveland, TN, and it was a beautiful experience. I made a post on my blog and on Facebook that if anyone was interested in donating their home for forty minutes to an hour, I’d love to play for them. Shortly after I put it out there, I received a good number of responses. I had some availability in my schedule on Saturday, so I reached out to some dear friends and hit the road.

They had such an ideal open space that I was really excited to see how everything was going to sound. Before long, I set up, plugged in, and got to work.

It kind of feels like a cliché to say, but I completely zone out while I’m playing. I am so immersed in pulling each note and sound out that all my focus get funneled into the process. Honestly, I can’t tell you what the material I played sounded like, but I know it sounded like a lot of things! All I really know is that I played two long, evolving pieces, and that my gracious hosts enjoyed them, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

After I was finished playing, we went to dinner. I was treated to great conversation and amazing company. I was truly spoiled, friends. I’m uber grateful.

If you’re interested in hearing what some of the stuff sounds like, you can give some live stuff a listen here. You can hear me stomping on pedals, twisting knobs, and getting’ BUSY! That’s all I’ve got this time around, folks. Be good, have fun, and I hope to see you at MANIFEST this Saturday night!

Vacant Outlet Live pt. 2

Vacant Outlet Live pt. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment