Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful


Hopefully, everyone reading this had the opportunity to spend some portion of the last five days surrounded by good friends, family, and positive energy (or, at least, one of those elements) I certainly did, and I consider myself to be truly thankful.

I got asked by Ann Law from the Barking Legs Theater to compose some music for an upcoming performance she’s doing. The piece deals with a large, looming storm that is bringing very destructive consequences with it.

 
With that in mind, I set to work. I’ve been interested in scoring for a number of years, so this was a wonderful opportunity to interpret a concept and build a soundtrack for it. I wanted the music to always be moving, to have a good sense of tension, and to just sound and feel BIG in scale.

I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. I had the chance to give Ann a listen yesterday, and she said it was perfect, which really pleased me. It’s VERY rare that it happens that way, and it’s a tremendous feeling to know that someone’s found what you’ve created to be on nose of what they had in mind.

 

I called the piece Three Faces of the Storm, and there’s a good chance that I’ll throw it online at some point. I’m REALLY looking forward to seeing Anna and the other dancers perform with it in the next few weeks. This will be a pleasant new experience for Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian. Mua ha ha!!!

Switching gears, Mainx24 will be taking place this Saturday. I’ll be bringing The Vacant Outlet business to Main St. I’ve got to start banging around again. It’s hard to believe that two weeks have passed since I’ve last cranked up my little friends and got busy.

In any case, as usual, I won’t be planning anything out for Saturday. I just want to get back in that space where I feel really comfortable and open to create. It’s going to be big fun, and I’m looking forward to the weekend. If you’ve never been to Mainx24 before, expect tremendous energy. Good times await, friends.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Be good, have fun, and I’ll be in touch soon.

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. I'll be looking for you on Saturday!!
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete