Monday, November 12, 2012

Thank You, Chattanooga!


I’m very proud to say that we had an amazing time at MANIFEST on Saturday night. We had a great crowd and the poets all did the do. I was a sweaty, sick, and happy man.

At the beginning of last week, I came down with a little something (just a little virus). It wasn’t anything major, but it definitely took my energy as well as my voice. I was really contemplating not doing any poetry as a result and just sticking to music instead. However, about an hour before I left to set up, I sounded enough like myself to do a few things.

Christian J. Collier - Confinement

I had a lot of options for my portion of the show, but nothing planned. The Vacant Outlet Tour’s really inspired me as far as letting things happen in the moment, so I chose that approach when I took the stage. I brought my pedals, a few poems just in case, and went for it.

I made this really ambient piece (I’m just glad that all the loops stacked up correctly) and decided on the fly to read a poem called Confinement. It’s one of my most personal and is in my chapbook Ghosts & Echoes. I’ve never really done anything like that before, so I definitely surprised myself, which I immensely enjoyed.

The energy was phenomenal. I’m so thankful for how things have developed creatively over the past few years as well as what I’ve been able to bring to Chattanooga’s artistic and cultural landscape. I truly feel blessed. Thanks, Chatt-Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment