Monday, October 29, 2012

Updates


Greetings Friends,

I blog to you a year older than I was when I last posted. I turned twenty-nine last Thursday, and I’ve had a beautiful stretch of days since.

I’ve been researching Otomo Yoshihide and Christian Marclay recently, and their process and work have absolutely blown me away. They’ve definitely left an impression on the material that I’ve currently been working on.

 
I spent a good part of this past weekend recording some VERY rough live audio of me performing. What’s been interesting to notice is how long the songs (sets? Hmm…) are. When I’m making everything, I’m COMPLETELY in the moment and oblivious to time, so imagine my surprise when I found out that these sonic excursions have been clocking in at fifteen minutes plus. I couldn’t believe it.

 

If you guys are interested, I’ll throw some of the recordings online. What I love is that even if I intended to recreate the pieces in the same way, I wouldn’t be able to. Every performance is completely unique each time. Nothing’s stock or routine.

I’ve got a couple more locations mapped out for The Vacant Outlet Tour, so hopefully I’ll be able to jump out, do the do, get it documented, and chalk up another successful excursion. We’ll see how it goes, brothers and sisters.

Oh, and before I close things out, if you’d be interested in letting me play a set (40 minutes to an hour) in your lovely abode and film it, please hit me up. I’ll gladly give you and your home praise whenever I can.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment