Saturday, August 25, 2012

News!


If you’ve followed the blog for the past few years (or have a good memory before I started it) then you’ll know that, among my assorted activities, I’ve produced music in a range of genres including dnb, dubstep (way back in 2008), Hip-Hop, house, etc. The first project I made was called The Lost City EP, and was pretty eclectic. It incorporated found sounds, a nice little variety of styles, and some experimental shifts.

As a result of that EP, I was able to meet a number of cool artists including Soundtyp23, and DJ Wayzout. From there, the next few years were spent making A LOT of diverse music and having a tremendous amount of fun.

 

I’m happy to say that I’ve been working on a lil’ somethin’ somethin’ new and it’s been a lot of fun to be banging out tunes again, but also knowing that there’s a wealth of potential in the material. I’m really looking forward to introducing people to it, and I hope that more opportunities will spring up on the production end of the equation. We shall see.

So, what can I tell you about the tracks? They’re pretty atmospheric with lots of subtleties and layers that unveil themselves each time you give them a listen. There are beats that the kids can dance to, but I don’t feel like the beat really is the primary driving force behind the songs. Confused? Good! (j/k) When I get everything sounding all presentable, I’ll gladly throw things up on the web, Hopefully, you’ll give me a few listens.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment