Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rejuvenation


Greetings Folks,

Man, last week was WILD! There was a lot going on (some great things, some burdens, yadda yadda). Fortunately, I absolutely cannot complain with how the week ended, and I have the peeps that came out for MANIFEST Presents The Speakeasy to thank. We had a great crowd filled with old faces, new babies, and incredible energy.

I’ve written before about how much Speakeasy has meant to me, and that continues to be true. I made the announcement that Speakeasy has NEVER belonged to a place (not Mudpie, not The Office, etc.), but it belongs in the hearts of those who have and continue to come out, show their support, and share themselves and their gifts. I LOVE being able to help provide a platform for all of these people who have enriched my life through being who they are and doing what they do. I feel tremendously blessed in that regard, friends.



Switching gears, I’ve been listening to some incredible music lately. About ten years ago, I was enthralled with “Digital” by Mia Doi Todd. However, in Chattanooga, it’s very hard to find indie records (it was true in 2002, and it’s true in 2012), so I never got the chance to listen to the whole thing. That all changed last week! I’ve had such a wonderful time giving it a run through. It’s truly a gem. I encourage all of you who come across this post to do whatever you can (without causing harm to yourself or anyone else) to check it out. Also, peep the rest of Mia’s discography. I guarantee continuing satisfaction!

Well, that’s about all I have for now. I shall be in touch before too long with some more updates. In the meantime, keep your spirits up, have fun, and be good!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment