Sunday, April 8, 2012

Awakening


I’ve spent the past month taking a strong, honest look back over the last six years of my life. I’ve invested a lot of thought into who and where I’ve been in order to try to figure out who I currently am and hope to be.

In that time, I’ve come to realize a number of vital things about myself. I am evolving and growing as an artist and as a man. I’ve come to really see that the control I have in my life is very limited. I can only be accountable for myself, and I need to keep that in mind and work on continuing to be okay with that.

You know, in a number of ways, I really feel like I’ve had an awakening. I’m really learning to (dare I say) slow down different aspects of my life and let things come to me. Some of the results have been rather organic and surprising.

With all of that rambling out of the way, I’m really proud to announce that Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian aka Buddy New Hope has a slot in Collaborations Atlanta. Here’s some info on the event:

Collaborations Atlanta - Where art Forms Collide! This is a show that demonstrates what happens when two or more of any art form merge within the same piece. Watch as dancers, acrobats, musicians, magicians, jugglers, actors, spoken word artists, poets, visual artists, film makers and many other Atlanta artists light up the stage with a presence that may make you laugh, cry, or shudder in awe! Each piece on the program is a collaboration between two or more art forms. Collaborations are important not only in art, but in life. As an audience member you make up the final part of our collaboration!

Date:
Sat. May 12, 2012 at 8pm
Tickets: $10 | Buy Tickets Online
Location: The Beam
Atlanta, 750 Glenwood Ave. SE Atlanta, GA 30316
If you guys are in the area or are interested in making the trek, feel free to come out. I’d love to see some familiar faces out and about. I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to meet some incredible artists and just bring this experience to fruition. Atlanta, I’m coming back to you!

Also, I’m performing in the HATCH Scramble this Thursday at The Hunter Art Museum. That means that my week (starting today) is going to consist of making a setlist and rehearsing. It’s going to be big fun. I can feel it, and yes, I’m calling here, on Easter.

Well folks, that’s all I’ve got today. For those who believe, Happy Easter. For those who don’t, Happy Sunday. Either way you slice it, I hope you get the love and affirmation you are in need of today.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment