Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Perspectives


Greetings Everybody,

You know, I’ve expressed to those closest to me that I really and truly believe that 2012 is going to be a very transitional year for a lot of people. I’ve already started to see it in a number of my peers. New opportunities are taking shape and new ideas are formulating. It’s an inspiring and (a little bit) frightening time, but I’m glad to be a part of the experience.

Looking back, 2011 didn’t end at all how I anticipated. A lot of things beyond my control shifted, and, to be honest, the sum of those things really took me by surprise. Today, I realize that those things changing were necessary to give me the perspective I currently have and to make me aware of how fortunate I am and what a tremendously privileged place I currently find myself in. I feel humbled, open, and aware. As both an artist and a human, it’s a beautiful feeling.

I know none of that probably makes any sense to anybody reading this, but I had to get it out there. lol. With that said, I have a lot of wonderful projects that have started taking shape. I would love to elaborate on all of them, but rather than jump the gun before things can be finalized and ironed out, I’ll hold off, but I GUARANTEE satisfaction.

I’ve been working on new poems for MANIFEST: The Beautiful Nights Poetry Show. I’m confident that I’ll get, at the very least, a few bits of fresh ink that no one’s heard. The show is going to be great. I’m inspired by the new poets we’ve got on the bill and what they’re going to add. I’m excited about getting L-Poole back into the fold (we haven’t shared a stage in about a year). Above all else, I look forward to the fun we’re going to have – and I mean the poets, and the audience. It’s going to be a treat, and I really hope that you and yours will come and experience what we have to show you.

Switching gears, for the first time in my life, I have readings and performances booked for the next six months. I’m very pleased about that, and I’m also looking forward to some out of the state excursions that I’m hammering out.

Well folks, that’s all I want to badger you with for now. In the meantime, be good, and keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment