Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Ides of January


Hey Everybody,

MANIFEST: Distant Relatives was HUGE fun. I got a call from Noah shortly before I stepped out to drive to The Camp House, and he told me that he couldn’t swing the show. He had a situation that popped up and demanded he handle it (which I completely understand). So, I started calling several people to see if they could fill the slot. As fate would have it, Ms. Amber Fults agreed to play.

The second MANIFEST we did in 2012 featured Dana, Amber, and Holly McCormack. I don’t think any of the ladies have played together since, so a) it still kept within the theme, and b) provided a really interesting and unexpected dynamic to the show.



The whole night, the crowd and I were treated to fantastic songs, but we also got to see two of the finest musicians I’ve known just have FUN. They cracked jokes, vibed off each other, etc. It was something special, and I was proud with how things eventually turned out.

If you’re the praying type, please pray for Noah and his family. If you’re more of the thinking type, please keep Noah and his family in your thoughts.

Once again, next month’s MANIFEST will be on SATURDAY NIGHT instead of Friday, so mark it on your calendars now. We’ll be back to dish out the love (and anti-love) poems on February 11th. As always, I guarantee a good time. I hope to see you fine folks out there. In the meantime, stay warm, be safe, and enjoy the rest of this month as much as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment