Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top Albums of 2011


Once again, it’s that time of year to release my top albums of 2011. I listened to a lot of great stuff, and a good deal of it really resonated. Feel free to disagree with these choices, agree, or (if you’re unfamiliar with something), check it out. Without any further ado, here we go:



     Top Albums of 2011



  1. TV on the Radio – 9 Types of Light



  1. Pharoahe Monch – W.A.R.



  1. Elzhi – Elmatic



  1. Saul Williams – Volcanic Sunlight



  1. Charles Bradley – No Time for Dreaming



  1. Adele – 21



  1. Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie XX – We’re New Here



  1. Phonte – Charity Starts at Home



  1. Evidence – Cats & Dogs



  1. Ian Kamau – One Day Soon



  1. Common – The Dreamer/The Believer



  1. Childish Gambino – CAMP



  1. The Roots – Undun



     Older Albums I Discovered & Loved  

  1. E-40 – My Ghetto Report Card
  2. Me’shell Ndegeocello – Comfort Woman

2 comments:

  1. My List

    1. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
    2. Arctic Monkeys - Suck it And See
    3. Beady Eye - Different Gear Still Speeding
    4. Ryan Adams - Ashes and Fire
    5. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
    6. Kasabian - Velociraptor
    7. Wilco - The Whole Love
    8. Radiohead - King of Limbs
    9.(Still have to hear the new Black Keys album)
    10. I spent a lot of time listening to Metamorphosis by me ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never really got up on the latest Radiohead offering. I'm interested to see what they come with the next go round.

    ReplyDelete