Thursday, December 29, 2011

Good News


Over the years, I’ve seen a lot of miles, microphones, and late nights (they keep getting later). I’ve met a lot of people from drastically different backgrounds. I’ve also had the opportunity to follow my passion and talent, and to work to breathe more and more life into what has been a dream since my teens.

There has been a lot of sweat (literally), a lot of sore throats, a lot of frustration, fatigue, and sacrifice, but looking back at what this year and the past ten have given me, I’m thankful. I have both learned and experienced so much.

I made mention before that this has been the year I needed to have. I’ve been so tremendously fortunate with all of the great things that have happened. I’ve also had to survive some pretty low points. I really feel that all of the positive and the negative has made me significantly stronger. I know what I can weather. I know what’s essential to me. I know where I want my life to go, even if I don’t know the exact steps to get there at this time.

In 2005, I started writing all of these poems about my life. They dealt with things I’d lived through, people I’ve met, people I’ve loved, people who aren’t breathing anymore, etc. I had it in my mind to make it a manuscript, just because that’s how the pieces were emerging from me.

I’ve been living and laboring over the poems over the years, and, recently, I’ve been banging poems out with renewed vigor. It feels like I’ve come full circle. I’ve been on such a creative high for the past three weeks or so. It’s refreshing, to be honest.

One of my creative goals for 2012 is to finish the manuscript. I really feel that that’s going to happen, and that, too, is refreshing. It’s a little bit scary, too. It means that the next phase of the process will officially be on, and that I’ll be that much closer to bringing yet another dream to fruition. We’ll see what happens. Either way it goes, friends, I’m excited about the future. I can honestly say that writing these poems has made my life and my appreciation of it better. How could I not consider that a success in itself?

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment