Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Birthday Blogging


What’s shakin’, world? Yesterday was my birthday (Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian is now 28), and it was a very busy and beautiful day. I had the opportunity to perform at Chatt. St. for their Café Tuesdays event. It’s a great feeling to be able to do what you love on your day of birth, and it was really cool to have the opportunity to participate in the activity.

As a result of showing up at the college, I can now say that I’ve performed in a cafeteria (you know that’s going in the updated bio). What I found really cool was just the opportunity to see so many eager, talented people. A lot of the students who sang were fantastic. I really hope that some of them will start coming out to the open-mic challenge at Camp House. People deserve to hear them. If I was gifted a singer’s voice, trust me, you couldn’t pay me enough money to shut up.

Anyway, the next Café Tuesday event will be on November 15th. If you’re looking for something to do on a Tuesday morning, feel free to come out.

Switching gears, I’m sure you’re all aware of MANIFEST: Year One coming up on November 11th. It’s our birthday show, and I’m really excited about it (I’ve got some new poems in my set, too). Last year on my birthday, I made the very first MANIFEST flier. So much happened in October of 2010 leading up to the first MANIFEST that it’s really hard to believe. On our opening show, Marcus Ellsworth performed for the first time WITHOUT paper. Now, the man has taken to it like a pro. It’s been a real joy to witness.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Just a quick reminder that you can scoop up my chapbook at Winder Binder in Chattanooga. It’s called Ghosts & Echoes, and if you’re out and about around Frazier Ave., swing by.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment