Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Talkin’ Shop 2


What’s good, everybody? August has been a very good month for me so far, and September looks like it’s going to be kind as well.

I received confirmation a few days ago that I’ll be having a little somethin’ somethin’ published in the next few months. It’s always a good feeling. Oh, and it’s a piece of fiction that has been accepted. Hopefully by now, people know that I write and read more than just poetry. And if you don’t know, know you know, baby ba-by!

This is MANIFEST week. I always look forward to MANIFEST, and I’m honored to be able to put my energies behind it and have it so well received.



Next month, as I’ve mentioned on here before, we’ll have two MANIFEST events. The next showcase will be Art & Soul 2. After the success of the first Art & Soul, I received a lot of e-mails asking when the next one would be, as well as where people could hear Ms. Amber Fults again. I decided to ask Amber if she’d be game to do it again, and she accepted… without me having to twist her arm!



During the month of June, I had the opportunity to host the open-mic challenge for Noah Collins. While I was hosting one night, I came across Sabrina, who blew everyone away. I got my sleuth on, tracked her down, and asked her if she’d be interested in doing A&S2. She also accepted!

So, both these incredibly skilled women will be playing on September 9th at the Camp House. If you love music, you DEFINITELY don’t want to miss out.

Also, on September 10th (the very next day), we’ll be doing a free collaboration with Create Here. For a long time, I’ve wanted to have a visual art event, and I recognized this as the perfect opportunity to do so. We’ll have drinks, a taco bar, four phenomenal visual artists, and a few performances… for FREE! Bring yourselves. We’ll be running from 6:30 – 9.

Lately, I’ve been asked to fill in for Brother Noah Collins as host of the Thursday open-mics at Camp House again. This time, for the next few months. I had a lot of fun doing it in June, so I’m looking forward to giving it another go. Come on out and perform sometime. You could stand to win some extra scratch if you do, folks.



Well, I’m out. Do yourselves a favor and check out these albums!

1. Minus the Bear – Omni
2. Death Row’s Greatest Hits
3. Radiohead – King of Limbs

No comments:

Post a Comment