Saturday, November 27, 2010

Eyes on December



Happy belated Turkey Day, folks. I hope things went well for all of you and that you and yours are safe and happy. I just finished shooting out the press release for MANIFEST II (I’m late on it, but I’m only one man). Now that that’s out the way, I look forward to working on my set for my performance at the Mainx24 Festival, which takes place on Dec. 4th. I’ve posted it on here before, but to keep things fresh, I’ll be performing at Create Here (1800 Rossville Ave.) at 2:15. Here’s a list of the remainder of the roster for Create Here’s festivities:

Mainx24
Dec. 4
Create Here
Director: Jessica Jollie
Sound: Paul Daniel

12:00-1:00 Gerle Haggard

1:00 - 1:15 Hayley Graham and Caroling Company

1:15 - 2:15 Blues Hammer

2:15-2:30 Poet Christian Collier

2:30-3:30 Free Range Mystics

3:30-3:45 DJ Cletus

3:45-4:45 Moon Slew

4:45-5:00 NIA with Hollee Brock

5:00-6:00 Rick Bowers & the Majors

6:00-6:15 Zanzibar Belly Dance Troop

6:15-7:15 Racing Death

Hopefully, we’ll catch a good number of you fine folks out there. As usual, wherever you can find me, you can find Ghosts & Echoes, my chapbook, as well.

MANIFEST II is right around the corner. It takes place on the 10th of December, and I’m really looking forward to seeing and hearing Amber Fults, Dana Rogers, and Holly McCormack. It is also my hope that you’ve downloaded the digital sampler I posted, and you’ve liked what you’ve heard enough to want to come on down to the Camp House for the showcase.

Later on that SAME NIGHT, I’ll be teaming up with Butch Ross for his Christmas show. I believe we’ll be doing a rendition of “Christmas in Hollis” by a little group called Run DMC. We’ll see what happens.

On December 18th, Mark “Porkchop” Holder and I will be putting a show on at the Moccasin Bend Brewing Company (4015 Tennessee Ave). It’s called Strange Bedfellows, and will feature musicians paired up with poets (and a storyteller). It’s a unique thing, and should be a gang of fun. I’m really looking forward to it. You can expect to see Mr. Marcus Ellsworth (who just released a chapbook), Jim Pfitzer, Megan Hollenbeck, etc. Mark it on your calendars, and hopefully, you can make it out.






Lastly, I’ve just caught wind of some interesting opportunities taking place in Knoxville and in Atlanta, so if everything goes according to plan, Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian will be beating up the road and hitting some different parts of the Southeast. Of course, I’ll keep everyone posted on anything that develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment