Friday, October 22, 2010

New Developments I



Greetings Folks,

I’m a little surprised that I’ve not posted more this month, but at least I’ve been keeping active, if not on the blogging. Let’s get down to business!

I appeared in the Chattanooga Times Free Press this past Tuesday. I was shocked at the size of the article and the picture. I’m very pleased with how it all turned out and what was actually run. You can check out the article here: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/oct/19/local-man-spearheads-performance-poetry-scene/

It’s really an honor, and I think it helped Speakeasy tremendously this past Wednesday night.

Speaking of the Speakeasy, we are working on doing some live broadcasting and making podcasts in the future. We’re going to give it a test run next Wednesday, and if all the stars properly align, we’ll start officially at the beginning of November. Needless to say, we’re pretty excited about it. It’s going to be a challenge, but a dope one.

Next, MANIFEST is rapidly approaching. I should have flyers by Sunday or Monday, so be on the lookout for those. Also, on the 12th (which is the day of the show), Mark Holder, Marcus, Anthony, and I will be making an appearance on Richard Windham’s program on WUTC 88.1. The interview should take place at 3:30, so if you’re on the fence about going or just want to check out some of what you can expect that night, give us a listen.



I already have December’s MANIFEST confirmed talent-wise, and I’m looking forward to shooting the info out about that one. I’ll let the cat out of the bag on the night of the show (and, most likely, the next day for those who don’t attend).

Switching gears, one of my favorite poets/ best friends is named Marcus Ellsworth. He also happens to be one of the bravest poets I’ve known. We’ll be sharing the stage at MANIFEST on Nov. 12th, and it’s very probable that we both will be performing at the Beggar’s Night Party on October 30th in Wildwood, GA.

Last weekend, Marcus and Brandi Alexander performed at the 2010 PRIDE Festival in Chattanooga. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the opportunity to record Brandi, but I did manage to get Marcus performing one of his pieces. You can check him out below:



Lastly, I’m VERY proud to announce that I have a new poem I’ll be reciting out and about live soon. The poem really got me thinking about a new chapbook, so it’s something artistically that I’d like to pursue. I’m not confirming anything yet, but I plan to start tinkering. I’ll keep you all posted on what shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment