Monday, July 19, 2010

Night & the City Biz!



As many of you know by now, I'm currently playing music under the moniker of Night & the City. So far, things have been going very well. I've been pretty surprised (but extraordinarily pleased) by the response thus far. The whole N&TC thing has been in existence for maybe a month now, so I definitely look forward to how things shape up in the future.

If you've been following the blog (or if you've known me since 2006), you probably know that I've spent a good deal of time producing beats and electronic music under the name of Wetworks. A few months ago, I got a computer virus, and when I got my comp back, I'd lost all of my production software, the tracks I'd been working on, the kit and library I'd been compiling since I was in college, etc. All of it was gone.

Perhaps it was fate though, because since I started working on the N&TC material, I got the idea to try to marry some of the experimental/post rock kind of stuff I've played for the past few years with the production that I've devoted so much time to familiarizing myself with. One day, I just decided to take the plunge, download a demo version of FL, put a little custom kit together, and make my own beats to build my songs atop.

Within three or four days, I made several tracks that I'm anxious to spring on people. A new song that I'm tinkering with which showcases all of this is called "Hearing Silence." You can peep it on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8ccrjNgi0 I look forward to hearing what you good boys and girls think! Keep me posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment