Monday, February 15, 2010

Benefit for Haiti


Over the course of a year, I've been very fortunate to participate in a number of great benefits. Last year I took part in the Relay for Life, and in December, I had the chance to perform in and assist with Give 5. This year, by the looks of it now, could turn out providing the same opportunities.

This coming Saturday, February 20th, I will be performing in an event called To Haiti With Love. It's a fundraiser for the victims of the earthquake and fallout afterwards in Haiti, and it's a really excellent cause. I will be accompanied by another poet that I really respect named Marcus Ellsworth, so it's a privilege to spread awareness and share a stage with him as well as countless other artists and musicians.

I will be performing a poem that I debuted a few weeks ago at The Speakeasy and performed properly with the outgoing president of Rhyme-n-Chatt and the band Pure Sound. This time, I will be doing the piece solo, so I'll be preparing it in a different light throughout the week.

I strongly encourage everyone who is able to come out and help us try to reach the goal of $5,000. The event will be taking place at the Lindsay St. Hall (901 Lindsay St.). Admission is $10.00, per person. The benefit starts at 7PM and will run until midnight. I genuinely hope to see a lot of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment