Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Anniversary


Last week marked two anniversaries for me. First, my chapbook Ghosts & Echoes turned a year old. Second, I performed for the first time at the Tremont Tavern as a tune-up for some bigger shows.

It's a little bit surreal to think back to last February and everything that's transpired since. It has been a roller coaster of sorts, but I've thoroughly appreciated everything that has happened.

I'm happy to say that the first run of G&E sold out not long after its publication. The second printing has also been selling well, and I have many of you to thank for that.

It has been suggested that an audio interpretation of the chapbook (or at least some of the poems in it). It's still a possibility, so we'll see. I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on the project if it comes to fruition.

Next, I owe a lot of what's happened to me to the Tremont. Not only have I had the opportunity to meet some phenomenally talented people and musicians, but I've also had the chance to hone my performing self. I'm glad that the community has been open to what I do and have essentially embraced me into the fold. It's truly been a godsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment