Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's Going On


The beginning of this year has given me a lot of projects to be excited about. I'm still waiting for confirmation on a few things, so I can't leak everything yet, but I can report on a few events.

On Thursday morning, I had the honor and privilege of being on Power 94's morning show with Gabriel Newell and Shawnessy Cargile. We had the chance to talk about some community events that we've been a part of, and Gabriel and I performed "Breathless" live on the air. You can see the video below.



Next, for those of you who don't already know, I am a part of a poetry group called Rhyme-n-Chatt. If you're unfamiliar with it, you can find out more info on at the official site at http://www.rhymenchatt.org/

I am proud to announce that I am the incoming president of Rhyme-n-Chatt. There's a really good legacy that precedes me, so I'm excited about the prospect of being able to do some things that can expound on the foundation that's been established.

With that said, mark your calendars! We will be doing two shows on the same day. Both take place on February 12 and will happen at Loose Cannon in Chattanooga (1800 Rossville Avenue). The first show is called SMOOTH GROOVE, and is for teens. If you good people out there know any teens who write and are eager to perform, definitely let them know what's taking place. Admission for the teen show is $5. It will begin at 4PM, and the doors will open at 3:30.



For adults, RNC's Annual LOVE GROOVE will be taking place that night at 8. The doors open at 7:30. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 the day of show. There will be live music provided by Pure Sound, as well as food and drinks.



I'll officially be announced as the new RNC president on this night. In addition to that, I'll be doing a fifteen minute set (which I need to start rehearsing)and I'll be doing a piece with the outgoing president, the Poetic Diva herself, Marsha Morton-Mills. I strongly encourage everyone who can make it out to at least one of the shows to do so. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment