Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009


It's an odd feeling to be staring at the end of the year. I've been really thankful for so much that has happened, and I'm looking forward to what opportunities await me in 2010. Lately, it just feels like positive things have been finding me, so hopefully they're an indication of what the next year has in store.

On Monday night at the Speakeasy, I closed the night with two poems and met three guys who'd come in during our final poet's set. One of them owns a new restaurant/music venue in town called Coltrane's. He's interested in having me perform there in the future.

Last night, I got the chance to perform at the Tremont Tavern for the first time in months, and I was very excited to make my return as a performer. I did four poems, and afterwards, a man approached me. He told me that he enjoyed what I did and that he's a teacher at a local charter school. He's interested in having me do something for his students in the future.

Needless to say, both opportunities came as complete surprises. I'm hoping that something will come to fruition, and of course, I'll keep everyone posted if and when they do. I feel very vindicated, and I am honored. Whatever challenges await me over the course of the next year, I'm eager to face them.

No comments:

Post a Comment